Sunday, May 13, 2012

Six Sentence Sunday 2

Welcome to Six Sentence Sunday. This is from my actual work in progress; Death’s Reject the first story in The Conti Files series. I am tweaking this up to send to my editor.



Her porcelain skin was blackened with mud and she reeked of two dollar wine. But he knew his spouse  by her succulent ruby lips. Even without make-up her lips where full and had a dark red hue. That was what first attracted him to her, and then her voluminous eyes that were so dark that there was no way to differentiate the pupil from the outer color. Still...they had an innocent sweetness to them.

“Mr. Conti,” she said freeing herself from her bedraggled disguise.

3 comments:

  1. I want to know why she is covered in mud and cheap wine? *grin*
    Good six.
    Hugs,
    Krystal
    www.krystalshannan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Krystal. I am loving these Six Sentence Sunday's. I will see that you get a download of it, when it's done :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post. I loved the mud and cheap wine line. I am bursting questions though, like why his spouse was calling him Mr Conti. This must be a formal society or an historical setting.

    ReplyDelete