Saturday, December 1, 2012

Good Sister/ Bad Sister

Author Carol Phipps has hijacked my blogs on Saturdays for a quite a while, to tell you a little bit about herself, her work and her writing partner. So dress comfy, get a drink and stop on by every Saturday.
 

Today’s Feature Good Sister/ Bad Sister

 
A little bit about the story

       Minuet Dewin, eldest daughter of the wizard Razzmorten, practically raised her half sister Leeuh, who was abandoned by her mother. For many years, Minuet is Leeuh's passionate champion. As time passes, Leeuh becomes increasingly hard to defend as she grows determined to be awful at every turn. Whilst undoing her dangerous pranks, Minuet finds herself the target of her hatred and jealousy. And when they fall for the same prince, it looks like war.

         Suddenly Leeuh vanishes. She returns years later, compliant and sweet as she always should have been. Minuet is stunned. Should she trust her, or will it be the very death of her?  

 
A little bit from the story

"Leeuh's not here?"
"No Father," she said as she rocked Hubbub in her arms like a wee babe. "I think she's having a bath, but she wanted me to leave the cake out. What happened at Castle Niarg? You look like you've seen a ghost."
"I nearly have, something dreadful out of the vapors, anyway," he said, standing up and stepping back over the bench. "I'm sorry, but I simply can not discuss this until I've returned. I can't imagine that you'll be in any danger. You'll be safe..."
 "So where are you going?"
"I'm traveling by spell, so you can see that it's urgent, but to say just where would be discussing it," he said, giving her a squeeze and a peck on the cheek. "I'd allow that I'll be back in time to take Leeuh, tomorrow, but if I'm not, don't worry if I'm gone for as much as two weeks. I'm leaving from my study. Goodbye, and say goodbye to Leeuh for me." He turned away at once and disappeared 'round the corner.  
"Right," said Ugleeuh, sauntering in in her nightgown. "And the old fool isn't telling you because he doesn't trust his own birthday girl..."
"Leeuh! How can you say such a vile thing about your own father?"
"Easy, sweetheart. He's gone and you won't have the heart to tell him out of consideration for his feelings."  
Minuet gave a growl of exasperation, gently put Hubbub back into his box and began pacing the kitchen. "I can't believe you, Lee-Lee. He was so excited about your birthday, and he went to so much trouble to get that bird..."
"And to think: he still couldn't do any better for my birthday than he did," she said as she plopped down in Razzmorten's seat at the head of the board and drug her finger through the icing on the cake. "But get this. Stuck up little Princess Branwen is probably dying of the plague as we speak. Isn't that great? So I still might have a chance at Hebraun after all..."
"What are you talking about? You're not royalty. You have no chance in the world..."
"Well not if Princess Branwen makes it..."
"What are you talking about? What makes you think Branwen has the plague?"
"Well her stupid retainer's got it. That's what Yum-Bum Karlton came and got the old man for. He's on his death bed with it at the castle. So wouldn't Brannew have it by now? I mean she could, couldn't she? At least one could hope..."
"That's awful! I don't care who she is, how could you ever want her dead?"
"Easy, Minny-Min. She's most inconvenient..."

You can find (Carol Marrs Phipps) at:  
Website


            
You can find (Good Sister, Bad Sister) at
Amazon


One Lucky Commenter will win a Kindle copy of Good Sister, Bad Sister.

4 comments:

  1. Hello there, You've done an incredible job. I'll
    certainly digg it and personally suggest to my friends.
    I am sure they will be benefited from this website.
    Look at my web blog - weightloss tips

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the compliment and I really appreciate it!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful cover and sounds like a fun read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hydra,

      Thanks so much. I hope if you read it you enjoy it as much as Tom and I did writing it.

      Delete