Friday, October 26, 2012

Freaky Friday: Scorned


Freaky Fiday presents...Scorned: A LeKrista Scott, Vampire Hunted Novel by Tyffani Clark Kemp. 
 

A little something about Scorned

"LeKrista Scott has killed a vampire, and now his lover wants revenge.

After months of watching her from the shadows, Lucretious, a millennia old vampire, finally makes his attack during a party thrown by his maker, Roman - a party where Roman proclaims his protection over LeKrista. Roman steps in and saves her life, but not before she deals Lucretious the true death in front of his lover, Perdita. Now LeKrista is running for her life and Roman is trying to save it, but she’s not sure if he really cares or if he has some underhanded reason for keeping her alive. She seeks help from Mages but they refuse to help her, even though she exhibits high potential as a Mage herself. In a last ditch effort, Roman whisks LeKrista away to his Colorado home, but Perdita finds them. In an amazing display of magical ability, LeKrista eliminates Perdita by absorbing her - magic, essence, and all."
Excerpt from Scorned, by Tyffani Clark Kemp
 "Where is Edgar?" Parashie asked. I would never tell her that I thought her accent was beautiful.

 I motioned to the office. "He’s having a private meeting."

 Parashie rolled her eyes and stalked to the office door. Her stilettos thumped on the carpeted wood floor, making it sound hollow underneath, and it probably was.

 I didn’t try to stop her from opening the door. I have no qualms about letting her and the others know just how little I care for them. It would serve her right for calling me "common girl" for so long if she got in trouble.

Eddy looked up when the door opened and his client whipped his head around. Shock and fear rolled off of him and filled my head. My heart sped up like I was experiencing his fear. I could feel his eyes locked on me. They were full of a power I didn’t understand. I felt a niggle at the base of my skull and my head ticked to the right in a sort of shiver. The man frowned at me, blinked, and then it was gone.

Eddy was livid, his face flushed with anger. He shouted something at Parashie in Russian and rose out of his chair to block any view of his guest. Eddy looked and sounded the most manly I’d ever heard him. I realized, if he wasn’t such an ass I might be attracted to him.

"I didn’t know you spoke Russian," I said quietly, mostly to myself than anything, but it seemed the wrong thing to do. Eddy heard me and, when he turned to look, his face had blanched to a creamy white. He looked sick, like he might pass out.

"Shut the door!" Eddy shouted one last time, enunciating each word like Parashie was stupid.


 Parashie screamed something in her native tongue and slammed the door like a spoiled child. Then, she turned on me and shouted, "Don’t you have some work to do?"

 "I have to get my pills from my car," I said and hurried out of the building. I wasn’t in the mood for a fight, and she was wearing stilettos, too? No, thanks. She could keep them.

 I keep my Clonidine in the console of my beat up Honda Civic. I suffer from Epilepsy and a mild case of Tourette’s Syndrome. I haven’t had a seizure in years and I keep the tics at bay with the pills. I don’t have vocal tics, the kind where you shout random words for no reason. Instead I have motor tics and sometimes my body will just shudder. It starts with the weird feeling at the base of my skull then travels my spine like a shiver. Those are mostly gone too, except for special occasions.

I popped the pill and swallowed without water before I headed back inside. I ignored Parashie, who sat sulking in the corner, not doing any work whatsoever.

 The meeting was over before I made it to the backroom. Eddy walked out first, his head down and his tail tucked between his legs, so to speak. The client came next, hands in his pockets, head held high. He was attractive, too attractive.

"I will speak with you again soon, Eddy," he said in an accent I couldn’t place. Accent whore that I am I loved it.

 Eddy nodded. We all watched the man leave, even Parashie was enamored with him. Eddy seemed to come out of the stupor first, though he speared me with a look and said, "Back to work, Mizz Scott."

Where to find the rock'in Tyffani Clark Kemp
Facebook
Facebook Fan Page
Blog
Twitter: @moviestareyes
Goodreads


Hugs,
Keira Kroft
www.keirakroft66.blogspot.com
http://www.facebook.com/keirakroft
http://twitter.com/#!/KeiraKroft66

1 comment:

  1. Welcome Tyffani,

    It is lovely to have you :)

    ReplyDelete